Yet in an effort to catalogue the various odd happening in my life, I am writing amidst my inner "Squirrel!"
- If your toddler is interested in sampling a loved one's herbal laxative tea, don't let him. He might just like the taste, and ask for another sip... followed by another... followed by it's efficacious results.
- Driving under the influence of a) pregnancy hormones and b) Cat Steven's Cat's in the Cradle is never, never wise. So much ugly-crying.
- Date nights might be essential for some couples, but you know what I've realized? I am with my husband all the time because he works from home. Sometimes what we need is a 'Date' Night with friends instead of each other. It gives us something to talk about other than, say, depressing news from Lifesite or the tantrum du jour.
- Some times while washing the dishes, you turn around and see this:
It makes my heart smile.
- When the subject of kindergarden 'curriculum' comes up with the other moms at your son's preschool program comes up, it's best to keep your mouth shut. Why is that? Well, I for one was suggesting to another mom a program for preschool-aged kids (she had asked; I have heard it recommended) when they all rebutted me "but that's a playgroup, they don't have a curriculum" and I like a fool -- fool! -- said, "but how much 'curriculum' do even kids in primary do? Isn't it a lot of 'play' too?"
Crickets. Followed by shocked and horrified stares.
- Digging up worms in the compost bin is great fun. We had to empty it, and give all our BEAUTIFUL soil to the municipality because I am not adding soil to my packing list when we move! Noah promptly named them all -- Jacob, Thinworm-Bigworm and Wormy-Worm (Part 1, 2 and 3).